Thursday 28 April 2011

Update time!

I've only done about half as much painting as I wanted to this week. There's always life getting in the way! Anyway here's the current status of both paintings.

With the Brough, once the paint for the sky had dried it looked slightly uneven, so another coat went on. Any blotchyness picked up by the camera are just a couple of bits where the paint has dried a bit glossy - that will even out when the varnish goes on.... I've started and nearly finished the grass. If it looks like I went to the trouble of painting every blade individually, that's because I almost did. It takes time to get it like this!

Click to enlarge


The work on the Daytona slowed a bit, but I've nearly finished with the underside, got the Daytona lettering done (still some work on the '675 triple' to tidy up) and started the forks. I had hoped I'd have done both wheels & the rest of the fairing by now, but there just aren't enough hours!

Click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment