Wednesday 21 September 2011

'68 Triumph T120 Bonneville

So here we go with the next work, one of the most iconic British bikes ever. Thanks to Bob of the Triumph Rat forum for the source photo below

Click to enlarge

I'll be painting this pretty much as is as far as the bike & lake are concerned, but will be doing something more interesting with the far bank. The canvas board I'm using is in portrait aspect to give me room to add hills & sky.

I've started off in a different way to my usual methods of doing things in that I've decided to do the toning undercoats all  at once, instead of doing a bit of that then doing a bit of detail work. I'm looking for ways of speeding up my paintings, we'll have to wait & see how this works out. I'm about halfway through this first stage. Note: In the pic below I've cropped the top, the canvas is about half as tall again.

Click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment